|GIVE YOUR SWEETHEART A TRAINING LESSON||FEBRUARY 2010|
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!
Why not pamper you and your furry friend this Valentine's Day in a different way. Take advantage of our gift certificates today!
|Miami Coalition Against
Breed Specific Legislation
Contact us email@example.com
The Miami Coalition Against Breed Specific Legislation was founded in October of 2008. It first began when directors, Dahlia Canes and Edel Miedes partnered together to help stop the mistreatment of animals in the city of Miami. Their goal was to stop all breed discrimination and eventually overturn the Breed Specific Legislation ordinance in Miami Dade County. They were later introduced to a group of professional individuals who shared their same beliefs and passion. Among them are the MCABSL Board Members: Jesus Rivero, Jade Soto, Jessie Hernandez, Jeri Smith, Anne Shields, Kate Wruszak, Jorge Guerra and Eliana Ardila. Each has contributed to the very core of this organization and its progress. Together they are involved in changing the public perception of the many innocent dogs that are euthanized every day solely because of their breed. They are currently undergoing a long legal battle to repeal Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) in the city of Miami, Florida. This unjust ordinance prevents Miami Dade residents from owning American Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers. The law was first introduced in 1989 and has never been challenged until now. Many lives have been lost and are being affected daily as a direct result of BSL. We are dedicated to ending the suffering of the thousands of voiceless canines who are taken from their families and sentenced to death because of their breed. Through the implementation of education, awareness and responsible ownership, we hope to show the public the true nature of these loyal and loving animals. They deserve a chance at life and we intend to fight for their freedom. Take a stand against discrimination and help us save lives by supporting our cause. Remember that with a little love and dedication, anything is possible!
|Our Motto: Promoting Awareness, Education and Responsible Ownership.||Mission Statement: To protect and preserve the lives of canines everywhere, specifically by vowing to eliminate Breed Specific Legislation from all parts of the world.|
My Animals Rock is not a specific place--we do not have a shelter- -instead,
we are a small network of people who volunteer our time and homes to save the
lives of animals in need who are injured, abandoned, surrendered, or lost. We
are dedicated to finding loving, permanent homes for unwanted animals and
educating the public about the joy and love that rescue animals give and need.
Our dream emerged one day as we, the dedicated, determined doggie duo, met each
other walking dogs in our neighborhood. Each one of us walking three of our
furry, four-pawed kids, or, to be more accurate, they were walking us. We had
never met before, but we obviously had 3 things in common. Dogs, dogs, and dogs.
Donna Arce and Kathy Cremer -Co-founders/Directors
|Pet Safety Tips|
While pets can eat some of the same foods that we do, feeding
pets food that we enjoy can be very dangerous, it can cause
illness and sometimes death. below are a few items that you
SHOULD NOT give to your dog.
• Chocolate - can cause seizures, coma and death
• Onions - Onions destroy red blood cells and can cause anemia
• Garlic - Onions destroy red blood cells and can cause anemia
• Animal Fat and Fried Fat Foods - Excessive fat can cause pancreatitis
• Macadamia Nuts - can cause weakness, muscle tremor and paralysis
• Bones - Some bones can splinter and cause damage to internal organs
• Avocado - can cause difficulty breathing and fluid in the chest, abdomen and heart
• Pear Pips - contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide poisoning
• Kernel of Plums - contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide poisoning
• Kernel of Peaches - contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide poisoning
• Kernel of Apricots - contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide poisoning
• Apple Core Pips - contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide posioning
• Potato Peelings and Green Looking Potatoes
• Rhubarb Leaves
• Moldy / Spoiled Foods
• Yeast Dough
• Coffee Grounds, Beans & Tea - can cause seizures, coma and death
• Hops (used in home brewing)
• Tomato Leaves & Stems - can cause tremors and heart arrhythmias
• Broccoli (Large Amounts are bad)
• Raisins - can cause kidney failure in dogs
• Grapes - can cause kidney failure in dogs
• Cigarettes, Tobacco and Cigars
• Xylitol ( sweetener found in sugar free gum)
If your dog has ingested any of these foods, get veterinary help immediately